Read and discover the multi channel retailing advantages and disadvantages and decide whether multi channel selling is the best option for your business!
Multichannel selling is when one brand offers numerous ways for customers to purchase products and services. Multichannel selling is known to offer options to sell though typical or traditional channels such as catalogs, retail stores, over the phone, but with the popularity of online shopping, the nontraditional methods such as mobile and ecommerce have become more used over time. The nontraditional selling methods are social media platforms, ecommerce sites, marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon, applications, and more.
In this article, we will discuss multichannel retailing advantages and disadvantages and give you a chance to decide whether multi channel selling is the best option for your business.
The Advantages of Multi Channel Retailing:
Did you know that 66% of the online shoppers rely on more than one channel for online purchasing? Online buyers wanting the best products in the easiest way possible is causing businesses and brands to consider multi channel retailing.
- The same consumers on new channels – You can offer your customers the option to shop for your items on other channels.
- With a new channel – new customer – If you consider other channels or sites such as Amazon, Etsy, eBay, a whole new group of people come to light.
- The option of omnichannel – Multi channel retailing allows you to offer the omnichannel experience that customers want.
- Growth in sales – You will have an opportunity to maximize your sales and profit.
The Disadvantages of Multi Channel Retailing:
Even though multi channel retailing can boost your sales, it comes at a certain cost.
- Shipping and service cost – Delivering to different distributors means your shipping costs could increase.
- It can become a little bit complicated – The multi channel retailing is complex and over time it could become stressful. You can to fulfill orders, manage inventory, work with suppliers, and so much more. The management can become time-consuming.
- Losing control – When you start selling your items on multiple platforms and marketplaces, the control over your products is limited.
- Increased sales costs – If you decide to expand your business, you will have to hire warehouse staff to fulfill the orders, pay to advertise your new sales channel, buy extra software, and etc. This can increase the sales expenses.
Based on these multi channel retailing advantages and disadvantages, what do you think? Is multichannel selling the best option for your business in the long run?
Does @Shopify Process Payments In Your Store? #multichannel #ecommerce #shippingmanagement #inventorymanagement #ordermanagement #orderfulfillment #inventory #shopify #payment #paymentprocessing #shopifyprocesspaymentshttps://t.co/PX8T4DIp8L
— multiorders (@multiorders) 22 de octubre de 2018